- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
New Regulation Issues in Cost Accounting: Overcome Compliance Challenges Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
FAR council has issued new regulations, more are up for review and new ethics rules on contractors involve painful consequences. It is critical that proper determinations are made at each step of contract performance to avoid adverse audit findings and severe fines. How can you minimize harmful mistakes and remain compliant with overwhelming regulations? Join us for this 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will learn:
Cost accounting requirements & standards - Essentials for compliance
- New FAR cost revisions: Latest & proposed variations that are affecting you
- FAR 31, cost allowability & allocability - Tools for interpretation
- TINA compliance: Law requirements, applicable contracts & subcontracts
- Accounting methods for costs at each step of contract performance
In this 60-minute webinar, learn from an insider how to survive auditor reviews and avoid fines by overcome the latest compliance issues and risks that are affecting government cost accounting.
- New FAR Revisions - All You Need to Know to Be Safe
- Excessive pass-through costs: Solutions to avoid problems
- "Commercial time" & "material contracts": Guidelines for compliance
- New business ethics rules: Latest code, reporting issues & internal control
- Solving Critical Issues with Cost Accounting Standards & TINA
- CAS: Solutions for compliance, exemptions & standards
- Latest CAS requirements for full coverage & disclosure statement
- TINA compliance: Law interpretation, applicable contracts &
- Cost Allocability & Allowability Criteria - Keys for a Proper Classification
- Specific cost allocability methods for government contracts
- FAR 31, direct & indirect costs - Keys to Avoid painful mistakes
- Cost allowability & incurred costs - Overcome auditing issues
- Government proofs: What you need to justify your findings
Darrell J. Oyer is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Virginia and is a member and Fellow of the National Contract Management Association (NCMA), a member of the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), and a member of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA). He served nearly 20 years in the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) in various capacities:
- As a field staff auditor, he was involved in the large contractors' price proposals and review of direct and indirect incurred costs.
- As a DCAA Headquarters program manager he specialized in quantitative auditing techniques, statistical sampling, computer auditing techniques, judicial and quasi judicial cost accounting decisions and Cost Accounting Standards.
- He is highly experienced in the application and interpretation of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and department FAR Supplements, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) pronouncements and Cost Accounting Standards Board (CASB) promulgations.
- He is the author of "Pricing and Cost Accounting-A Handbook for Government Contractors" (2000) and editor of the texts "Accounting for Government Contracts-Cost Accounting Standards" (2006) and "Accounting for Government Contracts Federal Acquisition Regulation" (1985). He co authored the Deloitte & Touche "A Guide to Truth In Negotiations (Defective Pricing, PL 87 653)" (1986) and "Basic Cost Accounting Considerations in Government Contracting" (1989).
- He is also a frequent speaker and lecturer on contracting subjects and teaches graduate level accounting courses for the University of Houston-Clear Lake.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Prerequisites: Basic skill level required
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
Credit Awarded: 1 CPE Credit (50 minutes)
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.