- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Crimes, Drugs & Facebook: Legal Background Checks for Government Jobs Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Agencies are required by law to perform background checks for all government jobs. These checks are meant to be invasive but how deep can you legally dig on sensitive issues like criminal history, drug usage, and even employee Facebook pages without violating their 4th amendment rights? Join us for a 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Background checks for government jobs- legal do's & don'ts
- Where & how to legally obtain & use criminal records & drug screenings
- Acquaintances & character references- pros, cons & legal limitations
- Do's & Don'ts of using Facebook in background investigations
- Consequences of real-life background investigations gone bad
This practical, 60-minute webinar will provide you and your colleagues practical considerations and legal issues for employee background checks, including: when and who to check, what information to seek, where to find it, and how to evaluate the information.
- Government Employment Screening- Privacy & Discrimination Issues
- Social networking sites: do's, don'ts & legal pitfalls
- How to legally obtain & use criminal history & avoid discrimination
Acquaintance & reference checks- who & what you can legally ask
When you should & shouldn't take off-duty conduct into account
- Background Checks for Government Jobs: Clearing Up the Gray Areas
- What information you can & cannot request on job applications
- Legally guidelines for drug screenings- how & when to test
- What the Fair Credit Reporting Act means in today's environment
- Background Check Pitfalls & How Government Agencies Can Avoid Them
- Guidelines to ensure the information you obtain is accurate
Background check compliance issues government agencies must know
- Red flags to look for during a background investigation
- Live question and answer session - Have your real world background check questions answered by our expert speaker.
Lester S. Rosen is an attorney at law and President of Employment Screening Resources (ESRcheck.com), a national background screening company located in California. He is the author of, "The Safe Hiring Manual-Complete Guide to Keeping Criminals, Imposters and Terrorists Out of Your Workplace." (512 pages-Facts on Demand Press), the first comprehensive book on employment screening. He has also written, "The Safe Hiring Audit," published in 2008.
- He is also a consultant, writer and frequent presenter nationwide on pre-employment screening and safe hiring issues. He has qualified and testified in the California, Florida and Arkansas Superior Courts as an expert witness on issues surrounding safe hiring and due diligence. His speaking appearances have included numerous national and statewide conferences.
- He is a former deputy District Attorney and criminal defense attorney and has taught criminal law and procedure at the University of California Hastings College of the Law. His jury trials have included murder, death penalty and federal cases. He graduated UCLA with Phi Beta Kappa honors, and received a J.D. degree from the University of California at Davis, serving on the Law Review. He holds the highest attorney rating of A.V. in the national Martindale-Hubbell listing of American Attorneys.
- Mr. Rosen was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) a professional which now has over 500 members. He was also elected to the first board of directors and served as the first co-chairman in 2004.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.