- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
OMB A-87 & ARRA Compliance: Cost Principle Essentials
Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
In order to ensure all expenditures of federal and ARRA grants are allowable, your agency must fully comply with the cost principles in OMB Circular A-87. It is imperative to have an effective cost allocation plan that not only keeps you in compliance but eliminates negative audit findings and fines. Join us for this 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will learn:
- Cost principles requirements & standards - Essentials for compliance
- OMB A-87 & cost allowability - Tools for a correct interpretation
Necessary, reasonable & allocable costs - Keys to a proper cost classification
- Direct vs. indirect costs, ARRA Funds: Overcome cost allocation issues
Recordkeeping & documentation compliance issues: Avoid common pitfalls
During this 60-minute webinar, you will learn a comprehensive approach to create a cost allocation plan that will keep your agency compliant to OMB A-87.
- Cost Principles Requirements - Tools for Adequate Tracking Methods
- Cost allowability & OMB A-87 - Solutions that keep you compliant
- Most effective cost allocability methods to distribute costs
- Service & expenses item descriptions: Key guidelines for your agency
- How to Solve Critical Issues with Cost Principles Standards
- ARRA funds & OMB A-87: Legal do's & don'ts to avoid fines
- Specific cost items: Keys to overcome interpretation challenges
- OMB A-87, direct & indirect costs - How to avoid painful mistakes
- Cost Allowability & Proper Recordkeeping Criteria for your Agency
- Best tools to prepare an indirect cost rate proposal
- Effective techniques to substantiate propriety of eventual charges
- Documentation & recording issues - A framework for compliance
- Live Question & Answer Session - Have Your Cost Principles Questions Answered!
Eric S. Berman, CPA, was appointed Deputy Comptroller for the Massachusetts Office of the Comptroller in August of 1999.
- Mr. Berman is responsible for three Bureaus, including the Financial Reporting and Analysis Bureau, the Accounting Bureau and the Federal Cost Accounting Bureau.
- Mr. Berman is also in charge of the Commonwealth's annual Single Audit and of the compliance portion of implementation of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act for Massachusetts and is the co-facilitator to the partnership of the United States General Accountability Office, the Office of Management and Budget and the fifty states in implementing the stimulus.
- In September 2010 he will become a consultant with Brown Armstrong Accountancy Corporation and then a member of the firm.
- Mr. Berman is a member of the AICPA, Mass. Society of CPA's, and is the past - Chairman of the Government Accounting and Auditing Committee of the Society. He has been nominated twice for the AICPA outstanding CPA in Government Award.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Prerequisites: Basic skill level required
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
Credit Awarded: 1 CPE Credit (50 minutes)
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.