- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Local Governments: Keys to Communicating Service Cuts to an Irate Public
Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
No one likes to be the bearer of bad news, especially if you're a local government official or employee who must face upset citizens clamoring about the latest rounds of service cuts or tax increases. Do you know how to create an effective, direct message that will calm fears and win over an angry public? Join us for this 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Keys to delivering hard-hitting (and difficult) messages
- Gain acceptance faster, with less civic friction
- Keys to using clear language: Get your message heard AND understood
Avoid the most common mistakes when dealing with furious citizens
- Successful strategies to deliver the message with tact and empathy
Join us for a 60-minute webinar designed to help local government officials and employees who are called upon to answer concerned citizens' questions regarding service cuts and tax increases.
- Building Your Case to the Public for Budget & Service Cuts
- Ways to make the budget process a public information communications campaign
Craft a well-reasoned message that explains the decision-making process
- Essentials for answering "What about me?" questions
- Communicating Unpopular Budget Solutions, Minimizing Backlash
- How to draft different messages for different groups: What needs to be said
- Using the media & social networks: The power of the press and Facebook
- The silver lining: How to express negatives as positives
- How to use examples to emphasize the value of services being kept active
- Connecting on a Personal Level with Your Community
- Strategies for public outreach: Making citizens partners in the process
- Ways to create trusting relationships with citizens and repair damaged ones
- How to avoid "trigger words" that act as hot buttons for controversial issues
- Live Q&A answer session - Have your specific questions answered by an expert!
Don Kappel has been the director of Chesterfield County's Department of Public Affairs, which works with the media, and produces county television and radio programs, newsletters and other communications products and services for the public, since 1996.
He is a retired U.S. Marine Corps Major with 22 years of service; earned the Meritorious Service medal and other personal awards; served as "Official Marine Corps Spokesman" in Washington, D.C.; and also was director of the Marine Corps' Community Relations Branch in Washington. Don's other military tours of duty included Iraq, Japan, Cuba and others.
He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Education from Western Conn. State College and a Master's Degree in Journalism from Temple University in Philadelphia, where he also was an Adjunct Professor of Journalism.
- Don has published articles in various professional publications and has provided media training to a variety of organizations around the country, as well as internationally.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.