- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
IT Project Management Made Easy: Strategies for Government Personnel Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
In these tight economic times of doing more with less, many of us are taking on unexpected roles and challenges. If you are being asked to lead a technology project for your organization, there are some likely challenges you need to be prepared to overcome. Join us for a 60 minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Keys to accurately define project scope and requirements
- How to identify risks, estimate work & manage cost
- Top management strategies for government IT projects
- Common reasons IT projects fail - and how to overcome them
Join us for this live 60-minute webinar, where you and your colleagues will learn top ways to manage your agency's IT projects.
- Key Steps to Starting Your Project on the Right Foot
- How to define project scope and avoid creep
- Key business requirements you need to gather before the project starts
- Top ways to utilize essential project artifacts
- Ways to incorporate stakeholders and properly structure a team
- Essential Tools Critical to Government Project Management
- Strategies to identify and mitigate risks & barriers
- Ways to plan for true hard and soft costs & contingencies
- How to evaluate build vs. buy strategies
- Strategies to Ensure Project Success from Beginning to End
- Top ways to assemble & work the key elements of a project plan
- How to define & measure milestones and success
Follow-Up: Proven ways to ensure longevity
- LIVE Question and Answer Session - Have your specific Government Project Management questions addressed!
Bill Greeves is the Director of Communications & Information Technology for the County of Roanoke, Virginia, where he oversees the organization's Information Technology and Emergency Communication efforts. In the fall of 2008, Greeves co-founded MuniGov2.0 - a coalition of governments focused on exploring the use and principles of Web 2.0 in an effort to improve citizen services and communication via technology. The organization has grown to nearly 700 members worldwide and has gained international recognition and praise for demonstrated leadership in the area of Government 2.0. Greeves currently serves as the organization's Executive Director.
- Greeves is a frequent public speaker and a nationally-recognized resource on the topics of Government 2.0, collaboration, consolidation, SaaS and cloud computing. He blogs about his web 2.0 travels for Government Technology magazine and was recently named as one of Government Technology's Top 25 Doers, Dreamers and Drivers for 2010.
- Greeves is an active member of the Metropolitan Information Exchange, the Association of Public Safety-Communications Officials International, Inc. and the Virginia Association of Local Government Information Technology Executives. He was also recently appointed to the new CIO Advisory Council for the National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors.
- Prior to Roanoke County, the Virginia-native was the Director of Information Technology for the City of Hampton, VA and held positions in the City of Virginia Beach. He has been working in municipal government since 2000.
- Greeves is currently working on his first novel, which, believe it or not, has nothing to do with any of the topics above!
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.