- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Government Shared Services: Cut Costs While Seamlessly Improving Services
Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Many local governments are looking to change the way services are delivered in order to provide greater value to citizens. Shared services are fast becoming the solution to save agency dollars while providing thorough and efficient services. Join us for this 60-minute webinar and discover:
- A 10-step program for effective shared services arrangements
- Ways to create a blueprint to implement a shared services plan
How to recognize and overcome plan pitfalls
- Keys for balancing community needs with budgetary realities
Shared services save taxpayer dollars while providing thorough and efficient services.This 60-minute webinar will demonstrate how to overcome common public-sector barriers and other challenges when establishing a shared services program.
- How to Develop and Implement a Shared Service Arrangement
- Shared services defined: Find the best solution for your organization
- How to prepare an impact statement for constituents
- Critical items to negotiate into any agreement
- 4 "C's" that must be included in all contracts
- Cooperative Arrangements: Effectiveness, Economy, Efficiency
- Accurately pinpoint the greatest opportunities for cost savings
Successfully make your case for change to constituents
- Keys to making the process work: How to build a successful plan
- Real & Perceived Barriers: Recognize and Understand the Obstacles
- Overcome common challenges inherent in any plan
- Arguments against shared services: How to address them
How to identify potential partners and find common ground
- Q & A Session: Have Your Shared Services Questions Answered Live!
Benjamin H. Syden, A.I.C.P., is Director of Planning & Community Development at the Laberge Group, a multi-disciplined Engineering, Architecture, Surveying and Planning firm providing a wide range of consulting services to public and private entities.
- Mr. Syden has over 18 years of experience assisting local governments and serves on the Albany County Planning Board and the Town of Colonie Industrial Development Agency
- Mr. Syden has authored numerous articles on shared services, managed the development of many shared services and municipal consolidation studies, and recently presented on the topic of government shared services at the NYS Association of Towns Annual Training School.
- He is a member of the American Planning Association and the American Institute of Certified Planners, New York State Economic Development Council, and is the Director of Legislative Affairs for the Upstate New York Chapter of the American Planning Association.
- Mr. Syden attained a Masters Degree in Urban and Regional Planning and a Bachelor of Political Science, both from the State University of New York at Albany.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.