- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Is Your Agency’s Employee Handbook a Ticking Time Bomb? Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Having a thorough and up-to-date employee handbook is essential for every public sector agency. In an era where things change by the minute, failing to have the proper policies in place leaves your agency open to significant risk. How can you ensure that critical policies are not only covered, but clearly defined, in your handbook? Join us for this 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Public sector employee handbooks: What to include, what to dump
- Sample policies covering attitude, gossip, attendance & misconduct
Facebook, twitter & blogs: How to incorporate social media policies
Critical mistakes to avoid: Language, disclaimer & policy checklist
This 60-minute webinar will demonstrate how a well-written employee handbook can improve employee communications, minimize misunderstandings, create consistency in policy application and provide a defense in the case of an employment lawsuit.
- Employee Handbook Essentials: What You Should & Shouldn't Include
- What are the key disclaimers & qualifiers needed in every handbook
- How to incorporate social media policies for Facebook, Twitter & more
How to clearly define attitude, gossip & other policies
- Important Policies & Clear Guidelines to Include that Will Reduce Stress
- Avoid breach of contract claims: Common language to stay away from
- Anti-harassment: Techniques to develop a well-drafted policy
Absenteeism & tardiness issues that must be addressed clearly
- Common Handbook Mistakes Government HR Professionals Make
- How to avoid costly drafting errors when developing or updating handbook
- Policy checklist: Strategies to review your draft before distribution
- Keys to airtight discipline & discharge policies for the public sector
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific employee handbook questions answered!
Nanette Hatch is a senior consultant with Public Sector HR Consultants LLC.
- Ms. Hatch's responsibilities with PSHRC are focused on identifying and meeting the
individual human resource management needs of the firm's municipal clients.
- She is
responsible for the development of employee handbooks, conducting workplace
investigations and providing guidance on effective corrective action plans.
- In addition Ms. Hatch has developed and implemented employee and supervisory training programs in the areas of workplace harassment (including sexual harassment), workplace violence prevention, customer service and professional coaching and development.
- Before joining PSHRC in 2007, Ms. Hatch served as the Branch Manager and Director of Business Development for American International Group, Inc. (AIG) in upstate New York. She has over 19 years of experience in commercial insurance underwriting and business development, and she has managed underwriting teams responsible for commercial risks throughout the Northeast and the Mid-West.
- Ms. Hatch has been a guest speaker on various HR issues at conferences sponsored by New York Association of Towns and the New York Conference of Mayors.
- Ms. Hatch received a BA in Economics from St. Michael's College in Vermont. She has attained Certification as a Violence Prevention Specialist (VPS) through the National Association of Safety Professionals.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.