- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
How to Create Social Media Policies for Your Government Agency Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Now that your agency has taken advantage of the many tools social media has to offer, you will need to have a guide of how to use them safely with regards to information security, legal considerations and message consistency. Join us for a 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Social media policies on who can post, what to post & how to manage sites
- Drafting policies for posting and responding to citizen posts
What is and isn't a record when it comes to social media
- How other agencies are successfully implementing social media policies
Join us for this live 60-minute webinar, where you and your colleagues will learn how to create effective social media policies for your agency.
- Getting Started: Keys to Creating Effective Social Media Policies
- How to develop a comprehensive use policy for your agency
- Tips to decide who has access & who should post to which sites
- What information should be posted & what should never be posted
Posting Policies for Government Social Media Sites
- Policies for messaging citizens & dealing with comments
- How to define what messages are considered "appropriate"
- Techniques for creating message consistency & other considerations
- Record Retention & Management for Your Social Media Sites
- Discover which messages are private & which are public
- Best practices for storing social media records
Need to know policies from the Federal Government
- LIVE Question and Answer Session - Have your specific social media policy questions addressed!
Bill Greeves is the Director of Communications & Information Technology for the County of Roanoke, Virginia, where he oversees the organization's Information Technology and Emergency Communication efforts. In the fall of 2008, he co-founded MuniGov2.0 - a coalition of governments focused on exploring the use and principles of Web 2.0 in an effort to improve citizen services and communication via technology. The organization has grown to nearly 700 members worldwide and has gained international recognition and praise for demonstrated leadership in the area of Government 2.0. Bill currently serves as the organization's Executive Director.
- Mr. Greeves is a frequent public speaker and a nationally-recognized resource on the topics of Government 2.0, collaboration, consolidation, SaaS and cloud computing. He blogs about his web 2.0 travels for Government Technology magazine and was recently named as one of Government Technology's Top 25 Doers, Dreamers and Drivers for 2010.
- Bill is an active member of the Metropolitan Information Exchange, the Association of Public Safety-Communications Officials International, Inc. and the Virginia Association of Local Government Information Technology Executives. He was also recently appointed to the new CIO Advisory Council for the National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors.
- Prior to Roanoke County, the Virginia-native was the Director of Information Technology for the City of Hampton, VA and held positions in the City of Virginia Beach. He has been working in municipal government since 2000.
- Bill is currently working on his first novel, which, believe it or not, has nothing to do with any of the topics above!
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.