- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Media Boot Camp: Essential Media Relations Tactics for Local Government Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Whether you're addressing a sudden scandal or promoting a great new service plan you must know how to effectively manage media relations. Do the members of your organization know how to engage the community through the media while making the points YOU want to make? Join us for this 60-minute webinar and discover:
- How to clearly and effectively answer questions under pressure
- Ways to overcome negative publicity and give a positive spin
- Powerful secrets for working well with the media
- How to deliver a message with confidence
Join us for a 60-minute audio conference designed to help local government employees respond quickly and effectively when interacting with the media.
- Talking to the Media: Proactively Telling Your Story
- Keys for delivering a calm, clear message aligned with the concerns of the public
- Rid the fear of going blank and getting that panicked "deer in headlights" look
Why style is sometimes just as important as substance and how to use it
- Make Your Case: Persuasive Keys For Winning Hearts and Minds
- Keys to win support from your detractors and other skeptics
- How to take control under adverse circumstances
- Essentials for motivating others to do what you want them to do
Persuade others by being aware of expressions, gestures and tone
- Maintain Accuracy and Transparency in Communicating to Your Public
- Benefits of preparation: Answer questions before they are even asked!
- Strategies to effectively communicate your department's message
- Must-have techniques to navigate a worst-case scenario interview
- Top strategies to be more effective when interviewed
- Live Q & A Session: Have your questions answered live!
Don Kappel is the director of Chesterfield County, Virginia's, Department of Public Affairs, a position he has held for the past 15 years. Don has worked in radio, television and print media over the past 41 years as a writer, editor, producer and host.
- He has published numerous articles in various professional publications and has provided media training to a variety of organizations around the country, as well as internationally.
- Don earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Education from Western Connecticut State College and a Master's Degree in Journalism from Temple University in Philadelphia, where he also was an Adjunct Professor of Journalism.
- He is a retired U.S. Marine Corps officer with 20 years of active service; earned the Meritorious Service Medal and other personal awards; served as "Official Marine Corps Spokesman" in Washington, D.C.; and was director of the Marine Corps' Community Relations Branch in Washington. Don's other military tours of duty included Iraq, Japan, Cuba, and sea duty, among others.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.