- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Media Management 101: Powerful PR Tools for Local Governments Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
As a local government employee you may find yourself in the uncomfortable position of fielding questions from the media. Whether it's a reporter calling about a controversial issue in your region, or a request for a one-on-one interview, you need to know how to answer reporters' questions while making the points YOU want to make. Join us for this 60-minute audio conference and gain the media savvy to:
- Develop strategies to be more effective when interviewed
- Deal with the media professionally and productively
- Identify the most common mistakes when dealing with reporters
- Utilize tactics to move away from topics you don't want to discuss
Join us for a 60-minute audio conference designed to help local government employees, who are called upon to interact with the media, respond quickly and effectively.
- Confidently Manage the Media - Even If It's Not Your Primary Job
- Practical approaches to anticipate media questions
- Know your "rights" with the media
- Do's and Don'ts for forming a positive relationship with the media
- When the News is Bad: From Routine Matters to Crisis Situations
- Clearly and effectively answer questions under pressure
- Avoid embarrassing mistakes during media interactions
- Take control: Stamp out the fear of being manipulated by a reporter
- Managing Requests for Quotes
- Tips for knowing when to start talking and when to stop
- Easy-to-use guidelines to give great quotes or sound bites
- Proven ways to appear professional and in control
- Delivering the message with tact and empathy
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered by an expert
Don J. Kappel is Director of Public Affairs for Chesterfield County, Virginia. He is responsible for the county's strategic communications, media relations, community relations, employee information, and county television programming.
- Don Kappel served on active duty as an officer in the U.S. Marine Corps for twenty years, retiring as a Major. He was a Communications officer for 10 years and a Public Affairs Officer for another 10 years.
- Don was an Adjunct Professor of Journalism at Temple University from 1989-1991 and also has taught English and Journalism at the high school and community college level.
- Under his leadership, Don's department has earned more than 175 state and national communications awards from many organizations, including: the National Association of Counties; the National Association of County Information Officers; the City-County Communications and Marketing Association; the Virginia Municipal League, Virginia Association of Counties and other organizations for a wide array of communications projects.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.