- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
The New GASB Statements: Keys to Ensuring Compliance Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
It is critical for anyone in accounting to ensure that their financial statements are accurate and reliable. Implementing the new GASB statements is vitally important to avoid a qualified or adverse audit opinion, but can pose many challenges. Join us for this 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will learn:
- Proven ways to guarantee accurate and reliable financial statements
- Keys to avoiding an adverse or qualified audit opinion
- How to ensure your organizations bonds can be sold on a consistent basis
- Strategies for implementing the most recent GASB statements
This practical 60-minute audio conference will provide you with the education and training that you need to ensure that your financial statements are accurate and reliable.
- Complying with GASB Statements Affecting FY2008
- How you can avoid improper reporting of OPEB
- Collecting specific receivables or specific future revenues for immediate cash payments
- Specific methods for providing accurate information on pension disclosures
- Complying with GASB Statements Affecting in FY2009
- How to provide accurate reports for liabilities related to pollution remediation
- Reporting land and other real estate investments at fair value - What you need to know
- Universal government accounting pitfalls - and how to avoid them
- Complying with GASB Statements Affecting in FY2010
- Keys to reducing inconsistencies when reporting intangible assets
- Accounting strategies for the transparent reporting of derivative instruments
- How to spot and correct the most common errors
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered
Eric S. Berman, CPA, is currently the Deputy Comptroller for the Massachusetts Office of the Comptroller.
- He is also representing AGA on the Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council (GASAC) to the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). He is
also a President's award winner from AGA.
- He has served on GASB's Derivatives project and GASB's Environmental ediation project.
- As part of the member of Massachusetts' GASB Statement 34 Implementation Team, he recently was awarded the Manuel Carballo Award for Excellence in Public Service.
- He also chairs the National Association of State Comptroller's (NASC's) task force on other post employment benefits (OPEB). As chairman of this Committee, he has won a President's Award from NASC.
- He serves in the Boston Chapter of the Association for Government Accountants and is on the AGA's National Financial Management Standards Board.
- He has been nominated twice for the AICPA outstanding CPA in Government Award.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.