- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Public-Private Partnerships for Local Governments: Cut Costs, Reduce Risks Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) are becoming a popular and viable solution as governments struggle with budgetary constraints that hinder the development and construction of crucial public infrastructure. Public-private partnerships offer a unique potential to tap into innovative resources, while sharing operational benefits and risks with the private sector. Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where one of the nation's leading PPP experts will share proven ways local governments can:
- Achieve better value for taxpayers, reduce strain on operating budgets
- Identify steps to clearly define cost savings, time, limits and risk
- Tap into private capital and expertise to meet massive infrastructure needs
- Effectively guard against project risks and pitfalls
As sources for funding diminish, local governments have begun seeking more creative solutions for financing the development of public infrastructure. More and more governments are turning to public-private partnerships that share the risks and rewards with private partners. Join us for this 60-minute audio conference designed to help governments alleviate the strain on capital and operating budgets.
- Common Motivation for Public-Private Partnerships
- Explore the enormous potential to effectively stimulate economic growth
- Unlock the cost savings that demonstrate strong fiscal accountability
- Increase value: gain tax credits unavailable to exclusively public-builds
- Exploring the Benefits of Public-Private Financing
- Meet the increased demands of public infrastructure and upkeep
- Improve construction efficiencies for early completion
- Solve otherwise unsolvable public needs through shared risks and benefits
- Implementing a Successful PPP Plan
- Successful strategies to reduce costs over the long term
- Overcome obstacles for getting "buy-in" from constituents
- Gain the tools needed for evaluating the viability of a proposed PPP
- Live Question and Answer - Have your questions answered by a PPP expert!
David C. Birtwistle is Vice President, Director of Business Development for Balfour Beatty Construction in Washington, D.C. He focuses on developing client relationships as well as new commercial and geographic markets. He has responsibility for Balfour Beatty's corporate philanthropy and government relations endeavors.
- Mr. Birtwistle leads the Balfour Beatty national initiative to provide solutions and deliver public facilities through the utilization of public-private partnerships.
- Prior to joining Balfour Beatty, Mr. Birtwistle was with the Fairfax County (Virginia) Economic Development Authority. As the County's marketing director, he managed programs to recruit business to and retain business in the Commonwealth's largest jurisdiction.
- Mr. Birtwistle is actively involved in many industry organizations, including the National Council of Public Private Partnerships, the National Association of Industrial & Office Properties, the Virginia Association of Commercial Real Estate, the Greater Washington Board of Trade, the Urban Land Institute and the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.