- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Soft Controls in Government Finance: Applying Hard Learned Lessons Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Today's auditing standards require that all government organizations know whether "soft controls" are in place and are operating effectively. However, there is little or no training offered to auditors and managers to educate them on how to implement, audit and evaluate "soft controls". Join us for this 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will learn:
- The financial disasters that soft controls could have prevented - Lessons learned
- How to utilize soft controls that comply with government auditing standards
- Proven strategies for evaluating the effectiveness of soft controls
- Specific ways that managers can direct, change, and improve behavior
Soft controls can improve operations, prevent fraud, and sustain your organization. This practical 60-minute audio conference will provide you with evaluation and auditing techniques that are crucial to the long term survival and growth of your organization.
- Comply with Government Soft Control Standards
- The key controls proven to sustain government organizations
- Behavioral theories that assist in the forecast of future outcomes
- How to ensure the correct assignment of authority and responsibility
- Maximize Auditing Performance and Avoid Critical Errors
- What you need to know to evade an auditing catastrophe
- Specific audit criteria for efficient soft control evaluation
- How to prevent instances of irregularities and illegal acts
- What's Required from Management and Human Resources?
- Keys to assessing ethics compliance
- Strategies for improving fraud prevention policy
- Guidelines for conducting effective employee surveys
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered
Mark Mitchell, CIA, CGFM is the Director of Internal Audit at the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
- He has been an internal audit executive for over 10 years. Eight of those years have been within New York state government, including the state Department of Labor, and two years as the Director of KPMG's internal audit practice in Albany.
- Mark has served as a member of the Board of Directors for the Albany chapter of the AGA for several years and was the Chapter's President during 2001-2002.
- He currently serves as the Chairman of the New York State Internal Control Association (NYSICA).
- In 2005, on behalf of NYSICA, he wrote the Association's response to the Comptroller's exposure draft of the revised Standards for Internal Control in New York State Government.
- He is also the Chair of the IIA's Albany Chapter Research Foundation and is a Research Foundation associate with the IIA.
- He has also served on numerous New York State interagency task forces, including the Internal Control Task Force, and has taught and spoken about internal controls, internal auditing and financial management throughout the U.S.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.