- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Crisis Communication For Local Governments: What Works, What Doesn’t Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
If you haven't prepared in advance for communicating during and after crisis situations, your response will be inefficient, incomplete, and most likely, unsuccessful. Will your crisis communication procedures pass the test when the time comes? Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will discover:
- The biggest mistakes in crisis communication and how to avoid them
- Guidelines for managing and updating your crisis communication plan
- Craft communication efforts that get the information out quickly
- Keys to determine media attitudes, needs and requirements
Will a crisis be your undoing, or will it be an opportunity for your organization to show leadership and excellence? Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where government communications expert Don Kappel will outline a strategy designed to help local governments communicate effectively during a crisis situation.
- Communications & Actions: Keys to a Successful Crisis Plan
- Forging media strategies - before, during and after the crisis
- Keys to proper planning - What to do now to prepare
- Compose a plan to deal with the emotions of your citizens
- Establishing the Resources Needed to Succeed
- What resources are necessary for a successful plan
- How to assess the risks and scope of a crisis situation quickly
- Speaking with "one voice:" How to select the right spokesperson
- Getting YOUR Message Out: Keys to Media Management
- Create communications that give a positive perception of your response
- How to reap the benefits of proper press briefings
- Strategies to seize opportunities to market positive stories to the media
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered by an expert
Don J. Kappel is Director of Public Affairs for Chesterfield County, Virginia. He is responsible for the county's strategic communications, media relations, community relations, employee information and county television programming.
- Don Kappel served on active duty as an officer in the U.S. Marine Corps for twenty years, retiring as a Major. He was a Communications officer for 10 years and a Public Affairs Officer for another 10 years.
- Don was an Adjunct Professor of Journalism at Temple University from 1989-1991 and also has taught English and Journalism at the high school and community college level.
- Under his leadership, Don's department has earned more than 175 state and national communications awards from many organizations, including: the National Association of Counties; the National Association of County Information Officers; the City-County
- Communications and Marketing Association; the Virginia Municipal League, Virginia Association of Counties and other organizations for a wide array of communications projects.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.