- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Effective Government Websites: Keys to Connecting with Your Citizens Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00
Government agencies are increasingly relying on their websites to connect with their communities. The most effective government websites are driven by what citizens want and need most. In this program, you'll learn how to provide citizen-centered web content, and transform your website to effectively meet the needs of your community. Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where you will discover:
- Tools to Transform Your Government Website to be Citizen Centered
- Strategies to Maximize the Communication Efforts of Your Web Content
- Techniques for Implementing Social Medias on Your Website
- Keys to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Your Government Website
- Planning for Change: New Opportunities in Sharing Information
Using your website to provide news, updates, and services to your community is essential, but how can you transform your website into an interactive, collaborative place to communicate with your citizens?
- Putting Citizens First: What Your Citizens Want on Your Government Website
- Keys for determining the needs of your citizens & community
- Evaluation best practices: Keys to measuring website success
- Using your website as a main channel for sharing specific information
- Keys to Providing Web Content that Speaks to Your Community
- Strategies for posting citizen centered content to benefit your community
- Tools for engaging citizens through citizen blogs & social medias
- Keys to offering quick & efficient services to citizens 24-7
- Government Websites: Strategies to Effectively Plan for Change
- New opportunities to engage your citizens in government
- Keys for using Facebook, Twitter & social networking sites in government
- How government web content will change under the new administration
- LIVE Question and Answer Session - Have your specific web content questions addressed!
Candi Harrison was Web Manager at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, from 1995-2005, where she managed HUD's Internet and intranet websites, web-based public kiosks, and web clinics for HUD partners. Under her leadership, HUD received numerous awards, including the first Digital Government Award in 2000 for outstanding use of the Internet in serving citizens; the E-Gov Trailblazer Award in 2001 for HUD's web clinics which helped HUD's partners create citizen-friendly websites; and the E-Gov Pioneer Award in 1999 for HUD's government information kiosks.
- In 2000, Candi founded the Web Content Managers Forum as a means for government web content managers - federal, state, and local - to exchange best practices and lessons learned, a group that now numbers more than 1,500 members across the country. She remained part of its leadership until she retired.
- In 2004, Candi co-chaired the interagency U.S. Government Web Content Standards Working Group, as part of the Interagency Committee on Government Information (ICGI), required by the E-Gov Act of 2002. The group researched and recommended policies for federal public websites that resulted in OMB's direction to agency heads in OMB Memorandum M-05-04. The Working Group later became the Federal Web Managers Council, the interagency governance organization for web management; and Candi served as the original co-chair.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.