- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Wage Garnishment Regulations: What Government Employers Need To Know Webinar Recording Price: 199.00
Wage garnishments are among the trickiest functions to comply with, and it is imperative to make sure it they are carried out accurately and promptly. Failure to comply with federal and state garnishment guidelines can lead to costly penalties and judgments. Join us for this 60-minute webinar conference where you and your colleagues will learn:
- How to comply with government employee wage garnishment guidelines
- Keys to complying with the Consumer Credit Protection Act (CCPA)
- Federal & state Regulations that government employers are expected to know
- Keys to avoiding costly mistakes that result in penalties and judgments
This 60-minute webinar conference will help you and your colleagues accurately calculate government employee wage garnishments and avoid costly penalties and judgments.
- Following the Rules of the Consumer Credit Protection Act
- How to differentiate wage garnishments and wage assignments
- Deductions that are required to be made by law
- Ordinary garnishment and support regulations you need to follow
- Garnishment Regulations Government Employers are Expected to Know
- How to accurately calculate protected earnings
- Dealing with withholding limits for ordinary garnishments
- The important requirements that the CCPA does not address
- How to Avoid Penalties and Judgments
- What earnings can be deducted and how much
- Important tips for following the rules of aggregation
- How government employees are protected from termination
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered
Amorette (Amy) Nelson Bryant, CPP, was payroll manager for he City of Houston, Texas for 13 years, and a garnishment consultant the past 10 years. She is author of The Complete Guide to Federal and State Garnishment.2009 edition and co-author of the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement's The Employer's Desk Guide to Child Support.
- She was the former chair of the APA Government Affairs Task Force Child Support Subcommittee and the Large Employer Task Force Legislative Sub-committee that helped implement child support policy on both the federal and state levels. She also served on two committees with the Texas Attorney General's Office, Division of Child Support Enforcement.
- Ms. Bryant Worked with the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement to design the Order/Notice to Withhold and was a member of the planning committee and participant of the first Child Support Employer Symposium.
- Ms. Bryant is also a long-time member of the American Payroll Association (APA), and serves on a number of subcommittees. She was a co-founder of the Portland, Oregon Chapter and the Texas ** Payroll Conference. She has held numerous offices, including President of the Portland and Houston Chapters of the APA, and regularly conducts garnishment workshops for the APA, local APA chapters and regional conferences.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.