- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Local Governments: Keys to Communicating Service Cuts to an Irate Public Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
No one likes to be the bearer of bad news, especially if you're a local government official or employee who must face upset citizens clamoring about the latest rounds of service cuts or tax increases. Do you know how to create an effective, direct message that will calm fears and win over an angry public? Join us for this 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Keys to delivering hard-hitting (and difficult) messages
- Avoid the most common mistakes when dealing with furious citizens
- Successful strategies to deliver the message with tact and empathy
Ways to get citizen input: Proactive discussions that keep the peace
- Tactics to counter the attacks of angry citizens who oppose service cuts
Join us for a 60-minute audio conference designed to help local government officials and employees who are called upon to answer concerned citizens' questions regarding service cuts and tax increases.
- Building Your Case to the Public for Budget & Service Cuts
- Ways to make the budget process a public information communications campaign
- Develop assertive, prepared statements that immediately end ugly altercations
- Craft a careful, well-reasoned message that explains the decision making process
- How to use benchmarking to show how your locality stacks up against others
- Communicate Unpopular Budget Solutions, Minimizing Backlash
- How to draft different messages for different groups: What needs to be said
- Ensuring your message conveys themes of efficiency, priorities & citizen involvement
- Techniques to show taxes are used for the highest-priority services and programs
- Using the media & social networks: the power of the press...and Facebook
- Connecting on a Personal Level with Your Community
- Strategies for public outreach: Making citizens partners in the process
- Keys to becoming solution focused - not problem focused
- Ways to create trusting relationships with citizens, and repair damaged ones
- How to clearly and effectively answer questions under pressure
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered by an expert!
Don J. Kappel is Director of Public Affairs for Chesterfield County, Virginia. He is responsible for the county's strategic communications, media relations, community relations, employee information and county television programming.
- Don Kappel served on active duty as an officer in the U.S. Marine Corps for twenty years, retiring as a Major. He was a Communications officer for 10 years and a Public Affairs Officer for another 10 years.
- Don was an Adjunct Professor of Journalism at Temple University from 1989-1991 and also has taught English and Journalism at the high school and community college level.
- Under his leadership, Don's department has earned more than 175 state and national communications awards from many organizations, including: the National Association of Counties; the National Association of County Information Officers; the City-County Communications and Marketing Association; the Virginia Municipal League, Virginia Association of Counties and other organizations for a wide array of communications projects.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.