- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
Government Escheatment: Keys To Public Sector Compliance
Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Failing to comply with unclaimed property laws in the public sector could expose your agency to severe penalties and even criminal liability. With increasing enforcement, it is more important than even to ensure you're on top of the latest unclaimed property reporting requirements. Please join us for this 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will learn:
- Public sector unclaimed property: Statutory & regulatory requirements
- Processes and procedures for reporting unclaimed property
- Types of unclaimed property & dormancy period requirements
- How to identify hidden unclaimed property in your agency
- Important tips for preparing for and preventing an audit in the public sector
This 60-minute audio conference will provide organizations in the public sector with education and training to avoid liability when managing unclaimed property.
- Reporting Unclaimed Property: What the Public Sector Needs to Know
- What types of property must be reported?
- How to handle outstanding A/P and payroll checks
- How dormancy periods are applied to Unclaimed Property
- Recent enforcement efforts & their affect on you
- How to Ensure Proper Management of Unclaimed Property
- Unclaimed property reporting obligations for the public sector
- Statutory & regulatory rules the public sector must follow
- How to ensure you remit only what you are obligated to remit
- How you can ensure compliance with all applicable states
- Best Practices For Managing & Reducing Risk In The Public Sector
- Strategies to help you meet deadlines and extensions
- Reports of recent audit activity you need to know
- Key mistakes auditors will be looking for
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered
Tracey L. Reid, J.D., LL.M. is the president of Reid Unclaimed Property Services, LLC, a national unclaimed property consulting and audit defense firm assisting companies of all sizes with their Unclaimed Property issues. Her background includes:
- Tracey has been helping companies tackle their unclaimed property issues for over a decade by conducting unclaimed property compliance reviews designed to asses exposure, potential savings opportunities and compliance process improvements.
- Ms. Reid is the former manager in National Tax Practice of Deloitte & Touche LLP, specializing in Unclaimed Property.
- Tracey is the author of the book, "Unclaimed Property: A Compliance Process and Audit Survival Guide" published by John Wiley and Sons (2008).
- Ms. Reid is a frequent speaker and writer on unclaimed property issues and is a member of both the Ohio and Florida Bar Association.
This program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No prerequisites
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.