- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Effective Employee Discipline: Documentation Strategies for Government HR Webinar Recording Price: 199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Bad behavior, poor attendance, negative attitude, poor performance- you've finally had that awkward and utterly uncomfortable conversation with your employee. But how do you prove that it actually took place? Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will discover how to draft clear, concise and legally airtight write-ups on performance problems, behavior issues and more.
- Documenting employee discipline- strategies for Government HR
- How to determine what goes in the official personnel folder
- Lessons learned & documentation models you can adapt now
- Tips to save time & remove anxiety from the documentation process
This practical 60-minute, audio conference will provide you and your colleagues with strategies and techniques to effectively document employee discipline in your public sector office.
- How to Properly Draft Warnings, Discipline, & Termination Documents
- Guidelines for documenting specific disciplinary cases in your office
- Must-know constructive disciplinary terms- Abeyance, suspension, & more
- Termination in the government workplace- what documentation is required?
- Documentation Tips & Tricks to Save You Time & Anxiety
- Shortcuts for documenting the most common disciplinary actions
- Mistakes government employers frequently make & how to avoid them
- Keys to determine what to include in the official personnel folder
- Applying Progressive Disciplinary Techniques - Documentation Do's & Don'ts
- Verbal performance counseling- what you should & shouldn't record
- How to effectively apply & document the "Douglas Factors"
- How do you know when it is time to involve your legal staff?
Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions about documenting employee discipline answered by our expert speaker.
Philip A. Varnak is a human resource management consultant with over 40 years experience working with federal agencies. Most of that experience is as a federal manager working for the Department of the Interior's Bureau of Reclamation and several medical centers within the Department of Veteran's Affairs. Phil has led the consulting firm of Phil Varnak Associates, Inc. (PVarnak.com) since his retirement from the Department of the Interior in 1997.
- Phil's background is in all aspects of federal human resources management, although labor and employee relations were his specialties over the last 12 years with the Bureau of Reclamation. He was responsible for overseeing the administration of 34 labor management contracts with six national unions and implementing all aspects of the agency-wide employee relations program.
- He is an experienced mediator and facilitator, has been a guest lecturer for the University of Denver, continues to provide training courses for Federal agencies, and is internationally certified as a Senior Professional In Human Resources (SPHR) by the Society for Human Resources Management. He is qualified to administer the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory (MBTI) and has four other books published, The Bargaining Book, Employee Relations for Supervisors and Managers, The Desktop Guide to Unfair Labor Practices, and Labor Relations for Supervisors and Managers.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.