- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Facebook, Email & Blogging: Employee Internet Policies for Government Webinar Recording Price:
199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Employee misuse of the Internet, texting, emails, blogs, and social networks such as Facebook and Twitter has become a huge workplace distraction. Do you have the proper policies in place to effectively and legally manage electronic communications and prevent legal and security risks in your government office? Join us for a 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Drafting online & social networking policies for government agencies
- Specific government privacy & security risks of Facebook & other sites
- What can & should be the consequences for inappropriate online behavior?
- Enabling your agency to reap social media's benefits while avoiding the risks
This practical 60-minute, webinar will provide you and your colleagues with insightful and useful tips for drafting and enforcing policies governing the use of social networks, the internet, and other forms of electronic communications. The timely session will cover the latest law and technology developments regarding liability and responsibility of government employers as to their employees' use of electronic communications in the workplace.
- Employee Use of the Internet, Facebook, & Blogs: What Government Should Know
- How to effectively but legally monitor electronic communications
- Posting on matters of "public concern" - How much info is too much?
- Inappropriate online postings & emails- Employee disciplinary precedents
- Employee Use of Social Media, Blogs, & the Internet: What's Legal, What's Not
- How can you prevent your employees from making mistakes on Facebook?
- How can government entities benefit from employee internet postings?
What information should NEVER be posted online- no matter what
- Keys to Drafting Electronic Privacy Policies for Your Agency Employees
- How to implement & enforce an effective online & social networking policy
- Government compliance with laws protecting individuals' privacy
- Specific steps your agency can take to limit liability and information-security risks
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered by our expert speaker.
Information-security and privacy expert Robert D. Brownstone is the Law & Technology Director at Fenwick & West LLP, a 300-attorney national law firm headquartered in Silicon Valley and specializing in providing a full-range of services to high technology and life sciences companies.
- Mr. Brownstone advises public and private sector clients nationwide on policies and protocols as to information-security, privacy, retention/destruction, electronic discovery and electronic-information-management. He also regularly collaborates with clients on computer solutions enabling compliance with legal obligations.
- A nationwide speaker and writer on many law and technology issues, Mr. Brownstone is frequently quoted in the press as an expert on electronic information. As a member of the National Employment Law Institute (NELI) Advisory Board, he is a frequent presenter all over the country on eWorkplace privacy policies.
- Mr. Brownstone is a member of four state bars (including California and New York) and is the Vice Chair of the executive committee of the State Bar of California's Law Practice Management and Technology (LPMT) Section. Prior to joining Fenwick & West in 2000, he had a varied 13-year career as a litigator, law school administrator, law school teacher and consultant.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. If you should have any concerns, comments, or refund requests with this conference, please contact our customer service representatives at 800-964-6033. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.