- Webinar DVD's and CD's:
Civic Engagement: Strategies to Strengthen Community Relations Webinar Recording Price: 199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
Whether it's budgeting, zoning, or any number of other hot-button issues, local governments are beginning to realize that involving the public through civic engagement leads to better solutions. Civic engagement is much more than public hearings and comment periods at council meetings - it's a partnership between citizens and governments to create effective solutions. Join us for this 60-minute webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- How to identify and overcome the top barriers to civic engagement
Strategies for establishing programs to increase and foster civic vitality
- Discover actionable plans to promote public confidence in local government
How to harness the power that citizens bring to government partnerships
Join us for this 60-minute webinar where civic engagement expert Ed Everett will show how governments can effectively foster civic participation, design strategies to promote informed policy decisions, build stronger communities and create more effective governance.
- Civic Engagement: Engender Trust, Improve Efficiency, Reduce Costs
- Essential practices to build constructive government-citizen relationships
- How to attract citizens or groups who may not usually participate
- How civic engagement positively influences policy decisions that affect cities
- Build a Better Government: Implement Programs Faster and More Easily
- Establish guidelines to create a positive dialogue with citizens and leaders
- Properly plan for the engagement process: What resources are needed?
- Strategies to build civic discourse and guide your engagement initiatives
- What Civic Engagement Is: New Approaches to Public Involvement
- Realistic ways to develop, increase and sustain public involvement
- Identify stumbling blocks that create barriers to effective public engagement
- Customer Service vs Civic Engagement: Know the difference
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific questions answered by an expert!
Ed Everett, recently retired city manager, has a passion for helping cities understand and implement "community building/civic engagement" and sharing his research and practice in this field.
- Ed was city manager of Redwood City, California since 1992. In 2007, Ed was awarded ICMA's "Award for Career Excellence."
- As an executive coach, Ed uses his 34 successful years in local government to assist managers move up in the profession.
- While overseeing what some call the renaissance of Redwood City, Ed lead the city to achieve its core purpose: "Build a Great Community Together."
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.