- Audio Conference DVD's and CD's:
FMLA Abuse is on the Rise in Government Offices- Strategies to Stop Today!
Audio Conference Recording Price: 199.00 (U.S. Dollars)
From local to state to federal government agencies, FMLA abuse is causing managers more frustration, lost time and more money than ever before. So what can you do right now to put a stop to it? Join us for a 60-minute audio conference where you and your colleagues will discover:
- Keys to stopping FMLA abuse in the government workplace
- Evolving FMLA Regulations: Key differences between DOL & OPM
- Attendance policies and the FMLA: What you can & cannot do
- Strategies to successfully manage intermittent leave
This practical 60-minute, audio conference will provide you and your colleagues will gain important information on practical measures your agency can take to help curb FMLA abuse today.
- Local, State, & Federal FMLA- Clearing up the Confusion
- The differences between Title I & Title II & who is covered by each
- Keys for determining FMLA eligibility of government employees
- FMLA critical issues: intermittent leave & medical documentation
- The most recent updates to FMLA regulations & what they mean for you
- Proper FMLA Documentation: What Your Agency Needs to Know
- What documentation your agency can require- before, during, & after leave
- Exigency & military family leave- what certification is required?
- What you need to know when handling "suspicious" leave requests
- Disciplinary Action for FMLA Leave Abuse- What You Can & Can't Do
- How to handle employees that fail to comply with notice requirements
- Failure to provide required documentation- disciplinary do's & don'ts
- Dealing with employees who use FMLA for inappropriate reasons
- Live question and answer session - Have your specific FMLA questions answered by our expert speaker.
Marilyn Mattingly specializes consulting and training in labor and employee relations issues for the Federal Government.
- As a former federal labor and employee relations specialist for the Department of the Navy, she is experienced in collective bargaining and in representation work before the Federal Service Impasses Panel, the Federal Labor Relations Authority, the Merit Systems Protection Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and in arbitration.
As a consultant and trainer, she has done labor and employee relations consulting and training for over 70 federal offices or agencies, as well as serving as chief management negotiator/consultant for several agencies and investigating allegations of harassment for various agencies. In addition, she has spoken at major government conferences throughout the United States.
- She is the author of five books published for federal practitioners and supervisors, including "Curbing Excessive Leave: Guidance for Federal Agencies" and "Watch Your Step! 13 Mistakes Agencies Make in the Disciplinary Process - and How to Avoid Them" published by LRP Publications.
This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
The speaker's PowerPoint presentation slides are included with your audio recording purchase. All materials are accessible through the Internet and can be downloaded as a PDF file.
$199.00 for audio conference recording (CD or DVD) and program materials.
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer purchasers a Money Back Guarantee. We are so confident that you will find the conference valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee from now until 30 days after the audio recording is shipped, making this a risk-free investment. Audio recordings will be received approximately three weeks after the live conference.